1. NEVER re-use test strips. DO NOT attempt to remove blood or control solution from test strips or clean test strips and re-use. NEVER wipe test strips with water, alcohol or any cleaner Reuse of test strips will cause inaccurate results.
2. FDA warns not to use test strips from a previous owner (pre-owned test strips) or test strips not authorized for sale in the United States (U.S.) as it may lead to inaccurate test results or potentially cause infection. Incorrect results from home-use tests may increase the risk of serious patient injury, including death.(1) need reference
3. Store test strip vial in a dry place at a temperature between 40°F-86°F at 10%-80% relative humidity. DO NOT FREEZE.
4. Test strips MUST be kept in original vial with vial cap tightly sealed. NEVER transfer test strips from one vial to another, for example, do not store test strips in a zip-sealed bag or the meter carrying case
5. Use test strip quickly after removing from vial. Recap vial right away. Test strips left outside of vial too long may give an error message or inaccurate results.
6. DO NOT store in bathroom or kitchen. DO NOT expose to extreme heat or cold, direct sunlight or high humidity for any length of time.
7. DO NOT bend, cut, or alter test strips in any way.
8. NEVER add a second drop of sample to the test strip; adding more sample may result in an error message.
9. Test strips are for in vitro diagnostic use only. DO NOT consume.
10.Discard used test strips into an appropriate container.